Meet Dr. Newell
Dr. John Newell graduated from North Allegheny High School and earned his Bachelor of Science from the University of Pittsburgh. He then entered dental school at Pitt where he was elected to membership of the Omicron Kappa Upsilon dental honor society. Following dental school, he immediately began his orthodontic residency, also at the University of Pittsburgh. As a resident, he conducted research on new types of wires used in orthodontics and as a result earned his MDS degree.
Dr Newell is currently a member of the following organizations:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Pennsylvania Association of Orthodontists
- Great Lakes Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Westmoreland County Dental Society
- Pittsburgh East Suburban Study Club (Continuing Education)
When Dr. Newell is not practicing orthodontics, he enjoys spending time in the outdoors with his wife and two sons. His hobbies include golfing, skiing and fishing, particularly fly-fishing. He is also involved in coaching youth ice hockey, in which both of his boys are avid participants.
4750 Old William Penn Hwy
Murrysville, PA 15668
Get Directions & Office Hours
Phone: (724) 327-8080
* By appointment only